How to Act Like a Guy for Girls
There are lots of differences that distinguish men from women, including physical, social, and behavioral traits. While some of these differences are biological (such as men and women having different bodies), others are learned or chosen. You can act more like a guy by adopting some of the behaviors and attitudes generally associated with men. There are many reasons why a girl might want to act more like a boy, but the reasons don’t matter as long as you're happy and being true to yourself.
Behaving Like a Guy
Be confident.One characteristic that people often notice about guys is that they tend to seem confident and self-assured in all circumstances, even if they're faking it.To make yourself appear more confident:
- Stand up straight, keep your head and chin up, and look ahead instead of at the ground
- Make eye contact with people
- Speak slowly and clearly when you talk
- Don’t fidget
- Keep your arms at your sides instead of crossed in front of you
- At work, don’t be afraid to speak up if you have a good idea. Practice these confidence techniques when you speak to your co-workers and bosses.
Engage in physical activity.Guys don’t typically shy away from physical activities and sports, so you can act like a guy by participating too. Some activities that are traditionally associated with guys include:
- Watching sports
- Camping and hiking
Take risks.It seems that men are more willing to take risks when it comes to things like gambling and recreational activities, so part of acting like a guy can include being a little more willing to take risks than you might otherwise feel comfortable with.This might include:
- Choosing to do something you know you might get in trouble for from your parents, such as playing good-natured practical jokes on friends and family. Just be careful that you don’t do anything illegal, because that’s not a good kind of risk.
- Engaging in activities where you could get hurt in a way that won’t be life-threatening, such as skateboarding, mountain biking, or trying weird new foods.
Make your needs clear.Don’t be afraid to ask for something you want or need, and be specific about what it is. You can do this without being bossy or rude by still being polite and saying things like “please” and “thank you.” You can make your needs clear:
- When you're at restaurants. Don’t let somebody else order for you, and be specific with the wait staff about what you want. For example, if you want your food a certain way, say “May I please have the veggie burger, hold the mayo, with a side-salad, and the dressing on the side. Thank you”
- When you're working on a project with others. If you know certain tasks need to be completed, don’t be afraid to delegate certain roles to your friends, co-workers, or classmates.Just make sure you're doing your fair share of the work as well! For example, you can say something like, “We’ll get this done faster if we divide the tasks. I will take care of the food preparation. Jill, can you handle the guest list? And Andrew, can you take on the decorations? Thanks everyone!”
- In relationships. Being clear about your needs means asking for help when you need it and telling friends and loved ones how they can best support you. For example, if you feel your significant other hasn’t been doing enough around the house, say, “I feel like I’ve been responsible for most of the chores around here, and I need your help. I’ve made a list and divided the housework between us, and I would appreciate if you could take care of the items on your list.”
Be assertive.Assertiveness is all about being considerate of others while also expressing yourself.It’s compared to passiveness, where you allow others to tell you what to do, and aggressiveness, where you dictate to others.
- You can be assertive by making your beliefs, feelings, and opinions clear to others without saying that someone else is right or wrong.During a school discussion, for example, you can say to a classmate, “I understand your opinion, but I believe that global warming is real and that it’s caused by humans because the scientific research backs that position.”
- Be assertive in all aspects of your life, including at work, with friends and family, in relationships, and in your dealings with strangers. For example, if a friend is doing something you don’t appreciate, you can say, “We’re friends and I respect you and our friendship. I would appreciate if you did the same, and stop calling me that name, because it’s rude and offensive.”
- Part of being assertive means being able to say “no” when you don’t agree with something, and standing up for the things you believe in. If someone tries to get you to do something you don’t agree with, just say, for instance, “I feel that everyone has a right to share this country, so I will not participate in your protest.”
Adopting Masculine Mannerisms
Walk the walk.Men and women tend to walk differently because of biological, physiological, and social differences. To walk more like a guy, make sure you:
- Swing your hips less and your shoulders more
- Walk with your legs a little farther apart than you normally would
- Keep your elbows slightly winged out
- Project your head and chest slightly ahead so you're leading your walk with your upper body
Adopt a firm handshake.It’s always polite to have a firm handshake, but many people consider it even more important for guys than girls. To make sure you have a firm grip, don’t let your hand become limp when you're shaking. Keep your hand strong and engaged.
- Don’t forget to make eye contact when you're shaking hands, as this is a sign of confidence and respect.
- A firm handshake is important any time you shake someone’s hand, including when you're first introduced, when you want to greet or bid farewell, or when you're congratulating.
Sit differently.Again because of biological and social differences, men and women generally sit differently, and this includes on chairs, couches, seats, and on the ground.
- To cross your legs, don’t cross one leg fully over the other. Instead, spread your knees apart a little and cross one ankle over the other.
- If you don’t want to cross your legs, keep your feet flat on the floor and your knees and feet slightly apart.
- When sitting, rest your hands on your knees or on the armrests.
- It is also common for many males to place their ankle on their knee when sitting down as an alternative to crossing them
QuestionWhat happens if you don't have boys' clothes?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou don't have to dress like a guy in order to act like one, but if you want some extra wardrobe help, there are a few places you can get clothes. For one, you can try altering some of the clothes you have to make them more androgynous. Or, you can get some new clothes, buy clothes from a thrift store, or ask friends if you can borrow a couple outfits.Thanks!
Video: Understanding Relationships: How To Act Like A Man
The Claw Bottle Opener Puts Strength And Style Together
21 Fabulous Navy Blue Coat Ideas To Try
1. Iceland — For the past six years, Iceland has topped the WEF’s gender gap index. Today, every parent receives three months of paid leave. And in 2019, Iceland became the worlds first country to make it illegal to pay men more than women for the same job
Pringle Of Scotland AW14 Menswear Campaign
Most GPs Admit To Giving Patients Placebos
How to Save Money when Having a Hamster
You wake up and you have no idea what continent you are on, Eberhard said
How to Choose Your First Credit Card
The Ingenious Products You Need to Customise Your Routine
Twilight Breaking Dawn – Part 2 soundtrack revealed