How to Find an Internet Marketing Mentor
Internet marketing coaches market their expertise to entrepreneurs, marketing professionals and small business owners and managers. They package their knowledge into a series of informative sessions, question and answer time, step by step tutorials and action lists. These programs can range from 0 to several thousand dollars. It is important to vet your mentor well so that you get the most useful, valuable and up-to-date information. This article will tell you how to find an Internet marketing mentor that fits your needs.
Do some initial Internet marketing research.There are a number of useful books, YouTube videos and blogs about Internet marketing, where you can learn the basics, if you don't already. Internet marketing mentors can pick up where these methods leave off, helping you to turn the knowledge into part of your marketing plan.
- Another advantage of doing extensive research are that you will get to know the people on the forefront of the technology. Once you receive coaching, you will want to stay up to date on new methods by reading blogs, journals and ebooks.
Be prepared to pay for your mentoring.Successful Internet marketing professionals are usually busy and make a good amount of money, so they are unlikely to give free professional advice to everyone. You should decide how much you are willing to pay for expert knowledge and resources.
Become part of a professional marketing association.If you plan to form relationships and do training sessions to stay on top of Internet marketing, then this is the best option. Looking on the American Marketing Association's forums and expert posts is a good place to start looking for a mentor.
Sign up for mentoring sessions at PivotPlanet.If you do not want to take the time to sign up for a professional organization, then you can find marketing professionals by using PivotPlanet's job advisers. When you sign up to be mentored, you pay according to the expert's hourly rate and you can conference by video, phone or in person, if you're from the same area.
- Although it will depend upon the advisers who are available at the time, you may be able to find an Internet marketing expert who has experience in your specific industry.
Find an Internet marketing coach from a successful Internet marketing blog.Giving some advice away for free is 1 of the most successful ways to promote expertise in the marketing field. If you find someone whose blog you find extremely useful, look on their "Contact" page to see if they are also a coach.
- For example, the Internet marketing expert Yaro Starak has a coaching program with a satisfaction guarantee. If you like his site entrepreneurs-journey.com, you can sign up for a variety of programs. You can join a 6 month program on blogging or video blogging for around 0 or you can opt for private coaching for ,000 to ,000.
Apply for an Internet marketing internship.If you are just starting out, or you have some time in your schedule, learn by volunteering time to help an Internet marketing professional. If you have someone in mind, simply email them directly to volunteer your time and efforts in exchange for learning through experience.
- If you don't have anyone in mind, you can search for internships through online job searches and classifieds, like CareerBuilder and Craigslist, respectively.
Look for business coach referrals on blogs and forums.Sites like nicoleonthenet.com feature several posts that include long lists of names. Search for those names on a search engine to narrow down your choices.
Hire an Internet marketing consultant.If you and your company or other entrepreneur friends need some Internet coaching, you may be able to entice a successful marketing consultant to develop individual or group sessions for you. Although the consultant will not have a program ready to go, they may be able to develop 1 specifically for you.
Ask to see reviews and results, before you pay for an Internet marketing coach.Your ultimate goal should be increasing sales and profits, so any successful mentor should be able to give you the names and numbers of people who are clients.
- Also, try to find some reviews from other websites. Although you should not expect any mentor to have completely positive reviews, you may be able to get a wider range of opinions. At the very least, you should be able to find out who is fraudulent or uses out-of-date information.
Video: 1 on 1 Coaching - Internet Marketing Mentor. Learn Affiliate & Internet Marketing
How to Install Kaspersky Antivirus on a Smartphone
Style Ideas: Spring 2011
TheLIST Best Dressed: London Fashion Week Spring 2019
Guide to Winter Layering
Life Advice from David Mamet
How to Handle Internal Conflict in Relationships
How to Help Your Spouse Accept Your Friendship With an Ex
Ryan Gosling just opened up about Eva Mendes and their two daughters
Those Last Stubborn Pounds
How to Cut Celery