If for some reason you need to backup your Android phone photos and images you have come to the right place.
In this article I will go through a couple of different ways that you can backup the photos that you want to keep safe from harms way. You may think that your phone is the best cell phone in the world and that nothing can ever go wrong. If you follow these easy steps you can rest assured that your photos are backed up.
Backing up photos on Android phone the manual way
The first way we are going to go through is the manual way of taking backup of your Android Os cell phone images and photos.
Backing up Android photos the manual way
- Connect your phone to your computer through the USB cable that came with your phone.
- Open your computers file explorer. In Windows this can be done by right clicking the start menu and choosing file explorer.
- On the left side of the explorer window you can see you mobile phone name, go ahead and click it to start looking for your photos.
- The file structure can be different on different phones but your images will be there in a folder named pictures or something like that.
- If you can not find them try searching your phone by using .png or .jpg in the search field.
- Once you have found the pictures simply mark them all with the cursor and right click them.
- From the menu that appears choose copy or move depending on whether or not you want a copy to stay on your phone as well.
- through your explorer go to the place where you want to keep you backup and right click once more.
- Choose paste from the drop down menu that appears, and your files will start copying or moving to the new location.
- Found something useful why not
This concludes the manual way to move or copy your photos to your computer. A progress bar should appear witch shows the remaining time until your files are copied to you backup location.
If you think it is to much hassle to manually moving the files or if you would like an even safer backup for your images you could automate the process by using your Google plus profile page.
Backing up photos automatically using Google plus
Automatically backing up Android cell phone photos using Google plus.
If you want to be pretty close to bullet proof safe that your photos are kept safe you could use some servise that backs up your photos to the cloud. In this case using Google plus to do so automatically. Before starting make sure you are connected to the Internet on your phone.
- Go to the apps folder on your phone.
- In the apps folder find and click the Google plus app to open it.
- Once Google plus has opened click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- From the drop down menu that appears click where it says settings.
- About in the middle of the screen click where it says Instant upload.
- In the upper right corner flick the switch to the right to enable photos to upload to your Google plus account.
- Once you have done this you will now be able to customize how and when the uploads will take place.
- If this was helpful why not
You should make a note of the fact that if you are not on a data plan with your cell phone carrier it could get quite expensive to upload all your images without using Wi-Fi. To make sure that you are not using mobile network when uploading the images and videos click on “when to upload photos” and “when to upload videos” and make sure that say over Wi-Fi only.
A third way is actually also available but I haven’t ever used it because I never saw the need. But if you would like to give it a try there are a bunch of apps in the Google play store that claims to backup you photos for you. You can find them by .
Let me show you how to change icons with the Zedge app on android phones. I ...read more
The Android operating system for cell phones is very versatile. In some cases the numerous ...read more